I would just like to take a minute to thank everyone for their private emails and comments left here at my blog. I never thought this blog would take off like it has. When I started it, I thought...well...I'll post a few promo hints to get a little buzz going, beef everyone up, give them a taste of what I've got, before my promoting classes start.The thing is, I've had to put my classes on hold because this has exploded into something that I can't even begin to imagine it would.
What's happened to this blog is that it has metamorphasized into one of the best things that ever happened to me. Let me explain.
It is through this blog that I have met a whole lot of really nice people. I mean, gushy nice. People that you'd really love to sit down on the sofa and throw back a few Coors Lights with. Those kind of people. You know the ones...people who share common interests and out to have fun.
Because I think this is a happening place, I believe that people pick up on this enthusiasm and maybe that's why they're returning, or why they're commenting, or why they're signing up for my feed. Who knows...but I love it and don't stop.
Or, maybe, they are actually learning how to promote online in ways they didn't know before. If that's the reason, my hats off to you and another Coors Light on the house.
But, let me tell you what else is happening.
I've never even thought about working in PR. I wanted to be an author. I wanted my name on the cover of a book, and I wanted that book in all the bookstores in the country with not even having to lift a finger.
I wanted to be on Oprah, on the cover of Times Magazine, and maybe, possibly, have so much money, I could have that house of my dreams.
Well, it doesn't happen that way exactly.
But, it can happen and the only way it can happen is if I make sure I do everything I possibly can to make sure I reach my goals.
But, even saying that, the odds of having any of those things are slim because there are so many books being published each and every year, and I know that there are only a chosen few who gets the notoriety everyone wishes their book to have.
However, maybe we reach too high sometimes. Maybe, there are some things we can have now, at this point of our writing career, because we have learned how to go about getting them. And it might be as simple as getting more hits on our websites or having someone email us and tell us how much they loved our book...well...you can't put a monetary value on that.
But, getting back to what I was talking about before, this blog has become a phenomenol place to find authors eager to find ways to promote like they've never promoted before. They are realizing that the old school of promotion just isn't cutting it now. What worked before worked because there wasn't as much competition as there is now, and so a new set of rules has been forming. It has happened before your very eyes without you even realizing it.
And that, my friends, is the message I'm trying to get across. It's a new revolution of promotion going on and it's right in front of you. The Internet. This is where it is. This is where you're going to find the audience for your books and grab'em so hard, they won't know what hit'em. You're going to lure them in with your key search words, entice them to buy with your free ebooks, cyber-visit them with your virtual book tours and show the brick and mortar bookselling institutions a little something or two and that you're mad as hell and you aren't taking it anymore.
The New Age of Promotion is NOW...buckle up and enjoy the ride, my PUMPED UP friends... ;o)
Tags: How to Pump UP Your Blog to Sell More Books, online book promotion
2 comments:
I have a new hero in the writing business! Move over JK, here comes Dorothy Thompson!! I am so glad we are friends! I can tell people I knew her when!! Great job, my friend, I am so very proud of you and all you are accomplishing!! Major kudos to you!!
LOL...Linda, wow, you're swelling my head...stop...no...don't stop...no...stop...don't stop...no...stop...no....
Post a Comment