Monday, August 6, 2007

JUDGMENT FIRE VIRTUAL BOOK TOUR '07

We have a very special guest author today! Her name is Marilyn Meredith, author of the book, JUDGMENT FIRE and she is here to tell us how she pumps up her own online book promotion!

Marilyn is on her virtual book tour with Pump Up Your Book Promotion Virtual Book Tours, a full-service online virtual booking agency. If you would like to see her tour schedule to see where she'll be going next, click here!

*****

PUYOBP: Thank you for coming to Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion, Marilyn! Can you tell us what your book is about?

Marilyn: Judgment Fire, the latest in the Deputy Tempe Crabtree series is about the murder of a battered wife. Tempe is a Native American who hasn't embraced her heritage until recently. As the investigation progresses, painful memories of Tempe's high school days begin to plague her and give her insight into herself and what has been happening.

PUYOBP: Who are you published with and how have your experiences with them been so far?
Marilyn: Mundania Press is my publisher and I've been very pleased with the publisher's know-how of this business.

PUYOBP: Can you tell us ways you have been promoting online?

Marilyn: The most exciting way is this virtual tour. I've never done anything like this before. I'm planning a book trailer too. I also have a monthly email newsletter which I'll use to promote. And of course, I'll be telling everyone about Judgment Fire on the many lists that I'm on.

PUYOBP: Can you tell us ways you have been promoting offline?

Marilyn: I'm planning a book launch in my home town. I've done several here over the years, at a book store (no longer in business), the local Inn, a recreation center, a coffee shop and a gift shop. I'll also do some book signings at bookstores, libraries and I'm presenting at several writers' conferences and cons. I'm even going to Alaska in September to Bouchercon where I'll be heading out to the Bush to talk to school children about writing mysteries.

PUYOBP: What is the most important piece of advice anyone has ever given you about the publishing industry?

Marilyn: Not to get discouraged by rejection. I took that advice because I was rejected many times before finally being accepted by a publisher. My advice to writers sprouts from that--keep writing and submitting. Learn from your mistakes and keep on going.

PUYOBP: What’s next for you? Do you have more books in the works?

Marilyn: I've already finished the next in the Deputy Tempe Crabtree series and submitted it to my publisher. I'm working on the one after that.

I have another series, The Rocky Bluff P.D. series, and I expect the ebook version of Smell of Death to be out in the fall. The latest one, Fringe Benefits, is available as a trade paperback from my website and an ebook from Tigress Press and Fictionwise.

PUYOBP: Thank you for stopping by, Marilyn, and I wish you much success to you during your virtual book tour!

Marilyn: And thank you for the interview. This is such a fun and unique way to promote a book.

You can visit Marilyn's home on the web at http://fictionforyou.com/ or her blog at http://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com/!

*****

Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments: