We have a very special guest today at Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion! Welcome Hazel Statham, author of the historical romance novel, DOMINIC. Hazel is here with us today to tell us how she pumps up her own online book promotion!This is also the last week of Hazel's virtual book tour so if you want to win a copy of DOMINIC, leave a comment below because the winner will be announced on Saturday, September 29 at http://www.virtualbooktoursforauthors.blogspot.com/.
Welcome to Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion, Hazel! Can you tell us a little about yourself and your book?
I live in the UK and have always been fascinated by history. I started writing many, many moons ago at the age of fifteen and have written on and off ever since. I write mainly in the Georgian and Regency eras and 'Dominic' is no exception as it is a Georgian Romance.
Dominic Blake, Earl of Vale, is a young man of privilega and breeding whose world is turned upside-down by Jack, a beautiful young girl in boys' clothing whom he finds sheltering on his doorstep after fleeing an attack by her brother. In turn, she becomes his pupil and his love and despite danger and misunderstandings, this is the story of their unconventional and delightful courtship.
Hazel, can you tell us how important online book promotion is to you from your perspective?
This is the age of the computer. Many people throughout the world turn to the computer for most things, not least of all what, where, when and how they can buy their books. Not only are they able to buy physical books but ebooks that can be downloaded to the computer, PDA and phone. Online promotion is the way to reach this wider readership.
Can you tell us ways you have been pumping up your online book promotion for your book, DOMINIC?
I am taking part in a virtual book tour and have arranged for interviews and reviews from several book-related sites. I have also placed banner and cover-art adverts on many sites.
Have you seen any positive results?
It's too early to tell as I have not received any sale figures yet but I do know that it has resulted in more hits on my website.
Hazel, you’re on a virtual book tour. Can you tell my readers why you chose to go that route?
I live in the UK but my books are published in the US so it would be impossible for me to attend actual book signings. A virtual book tour is a very viable alternative and reaches a wider readership.
How about offline book promotion? Can you tell us ways you have promoted your book offline?
Again, living in the UK it is difficult to promote in the US but I have sent out flyers and bookmarks to advertise my work.
I’ve often wanted to ask this question, so I’ll start with you. What is your definition of success regarding your book? What will happen when you finally say it was all worth it?
I will know I have arrived as a writer when I can walk into a bookstore and see one of my novels actually on a shelf.
Thanks for coming, Hazel. Can you tell us how we can purchase our own copy of Dominic?
DOMINIC is available as both an ebook and paperback at http://www.wings-press.com/
Tags: author interviews, online book promotion, free book publicity, author interview, public relations, virtual book tour, Hazel Statham
No comments:
Post a Comment