Thursday, October 4, 2007

Phone Call from Dad Contest

“Hello?”

“Hi, it’s me. Your father.”

“You mean the father who refuses to acknowledge he has a daughter for the last fifty-something years and now has the nerve to think I’d want to talk to him NOW?”

Click.

Would would you say if the father you had never seen called you? Hang up? Give it to him good? Heh.

Well, here’s a neat little contest you can enter where you can let it all hang out. It’s called “Contacted” and you can find out all about it at http://www.fanstory.com/contestdetails.jsp?id=533.

Hurry because the deadline is October 19, 2007!

Now…where’s my evil pen…bwaaahhhaaaahhaaaaa...

Tags: ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting... guess you know how I feel about this. I've written an entire book about how one may want to deal with meeting their father for the first time after 40 - no matter who makes the first move.

I was hoping this was your story, Dorothy. I was hoping your father had called. Ever hopeful... Maybe we should both just go marching up to his door...

thewriterslife said...

I was thinking you might respond, Kathy. No, no contact. I think wifey has something to do with it.