A proud member of RWA, Traci Hall is active in multiple chapters. She has three medieval paranormal romances coming out with Medallion Press – Love’s Magic, June 2008, and Beauty’s Curse, June, 2009 and Boadicea's Legacy in 2010.She is also published with Samhain Publishing, and has two ebooks for young adults coming out in 2008. Her Wiccan,
She has a non-fiction book being released in March
09, co written with author Rhonda Pollero, titled Adoption is Forever.
After many ups and downs, she continues to pursue writing with a maniacal vengeance, and has often lamented that her mom didn’t raise a quitter. Terrified of failure, Traci has overcome her knocking knees and tackled workshops, online courses and how-to books in her quest to break into print. You can visit her at http://www.traciehall.com , or http://www.tracihall.com or http://tracihall.blogspot.com - as well as myspace and facebook.
Welcome to Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion, Traci Hall. Can we begin by having you tell us what Love’s Magic is about and why you wrote it?
I wrote Love’s Magic because I adore medieval historicals, and I loved the ones with humor and ghosts. There weren’t very many that I could find at the time, so I decided to write one. Love’s Magic is my fourth completed historical romance – the first two will never see the light of day – but there might be hope for number three
Love’s Magic is a paranormal romance. Why did you choose this genre to write? Did you choose it or did it choose you?
Before I started writing Love’s Magic, I was on a huge Johanna Lindsey kick. I also devoured every historical I could by Catherine Coulter…and Amanda Quick? (sigh) If the hero and heroine had that on-page witty banter and undeniable attraction, I couldn’t read fast enough! Still can’t, lol. I want to draw readers in like that…the paranormal has always appealed to me and to pair it with medieval romance seems exactly right J We need to invent the Medieval Paranormal Humorous Romance with the Dark and Tortured hero genre, then I’d be set.
In regards to promotion, what have you been doing to promote your book online?
I am a member of eight yahoo loops, I have a blog – www.traciwritersblock.blogspot.com and a group blog – www.babesinbookland.com I will be on Medallion Press’s Blog Radio – June 1st is when it goes live, and I’m thinking about doing a podcast and running a thirty second commercial, lol. Why not?
Of all the promotional items (bookmarks, press kits, etc…) you have used to promote your book, which one was used most effectively?
I don’t know yet…this is my first print book and I’m looking forward to seeing the results of Pump Up Your Book Promotion! Of course, I also have bookmarks and brochures and I’m doing local booksignings.
Do you feel that the Internet has opened doors for authors who never dreamed they’d ever see a publishing contract and how has it influenced you in regards to your own publishing journey?
E publishing is offering many writers a chance to reach their dream of publication – I think that it’s hard right now to define epubbing – because it is changing into a powerful medium that isn’t just erotica anymore. My Young Adult novel “Her Wiccan, Wiccan Ways” is being epubbed with Samhain Publishing, and will be in print in December.
Now that Amazon has the Kindle, and Sony has the ereader, ‘green’ concious readers are going to follow the paperless trend and epublishing will have to find it’s place – and New York publishing houses will have to find their place, too. That’s all just my opinion of course J
If you were in the middle of Manhattan (or any busy thoroughfare) and you wanted to call attention to your book, what would you do and what would you say?
I suppose I could dress up like Maid Marian and surround myself with knights on huge steeds shouting out “Love’s Magic by Traci E. Hall” – or I could design a sandwich board with my book cover on each side OR I could rent a bell ringer in a white robe…the possibilities are endless, lol.
If you could trade places with any author just for a day, who would it be and why?
Nora Roberts. Stephen King? I can’t choose! They each do characterization so well…
Lastly, how do you determine your book’s success?
Okay – the cover has my name on it
Thank you for coming, Traci! Can you tell us where everyone can pick up a copy of Love’s Magic?
Your local bookstore! Or amazon.com – which you can reach by going to my website, www.traciehall.com Thank you so much for the interview! Please feel free to email me at traciella@aol.com.
ATTENTION: This book spotlight is being brought to you by Pump Up Your Book Promotion. As a special promotion for Traci E. Hall's book, LOVE'S MAGIC, Pump Up Your Book Promotion is giving away a FREE virtual book tour or $25 Amazon gift certificate to one lucky person who comments on our authors’ blog stops. Leave a comment below to have a chance to win one of these prizes! For more stops on Traci's blog tour, visit www.virtualbooktours.wordpress.com.
1 comment:
What a great interview with Traci and her first print book, Love's Magic. I'm so pleased to see the popularity of paranormal books. Love to read them, and write them.
Post a Comment