
Welcome to Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion, John. Can we begin by having you tell us what A Pure Double Cross is about and why you wrote it?
It’s about Hal Schroeder, a young OSS spy just back from WWII, who is recruited by the FBI to infiltrate the Cleveland mob.
A Pure Double Cross is a hardboiled mystery. Why did you choose this genre to write? Did you choose it or did it choose you?
I am a longtime fan of Raymond Chandler, Dash Hammett and the films noir and wanted to write something in that spirit.
In regards to promotion, what have you been doing to promote your book online?
Just sending a few review copies out to lit blogs.
Of all the promotional items (bookmarks, press kits, etc…) you have used to promote your book, which one was used most effectively?
Too early to tell.
Do you feel that the Internet has opened doors for authors who never dreamed they’d ever see a publishing contract and how has it influenced you in regards to your own publishing journey?
I like that it makes it possible for those who have shared interests (hardboiled fiction for instance) to get together.
If you could trade places with any author just for a day, who would it be and why?
I would have said John Updike before he passed. I’d like to see what the life of a famous, and prolific, author is like
Lastly, how do you determine your book’s success?
I don’t expect to have a best seller, my niche is too narrow. I would define success as having a devoted cult following.
Thank you for coming, John! Can you tell us where everyone can pick up a copy of A Pure Double Cross?
It’s available at some bookstores as well as Amazon.
4 comments:
Your blog page is wonderful. How did you upgrade on Blogger? I'd love to know.
Thank you,
Saundra
www.gotteeth.blogspot.com
Well, he's from my neck of the woods. I work in Chicago and live in one of its suburbs. Love his bookcover.
Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
The more that I hear about this book, the more appealing it is. I'll definitely have to check this one out.
Cheryl
Hi Saundra! I didn't upgrade...just used a background from www.finalsense.com and changed a few things on the template. Look better?
Post a Comment