Friday, April 6, 2007

Pump Up Your Book Promotion Virtual Book Tours in Full Swing!

I would like to take a moment and wish everyone a Happy Easter and hope you and your family have a happy holiday together!

I'd also like to explain why I haven't posted in a week (arggg...just noticed that).

Two things actually. One, I've started a virtual book tour company, Pump Up Your Book Promotion Virtual Book Tours, which is already in full swing.

This month, we have the lovely Marilyn Celeste Morris touring with her book, Once a Brat!

In May, we have wonderful authors including Sandi Shelton, author of A Piece of Normal, Caridad Pineiro, author of Blood Calls, Kim Robinson, author of Roux in the Gumbo, and Pamela S. Thibodeaux, author of Tempered Dreams. What a line-up!

So, I only think it appropriate that we enter the next stage of learning how to pump up your book promotion by showing you what's involved in setting up your own virtual book tour for those who have never done it. Sound cool?

I know some of my readers have already been through this. We had the lovely Glenda Watson, author of I'll Do It Myself, as our special guest on March 16 and we got a lot of responses from that and I set up my own back in November to promote my ebook, A Complete Guide to Promoting & Selling Your Self-Published eBook which went over real well. Since I was the publisher, I knew when and where the sales came from and I'll tell you this much, never in the history of the ebook was there such a rise in sales. All from using the Internet to pump up my book promotion!

As Glenda will attest to, it takes a lot of work to put one of these together, not to mention an incredible knack for organization (that I learned the hard way), but it's an excellent way to get the word out for your book without even leaving your home.

Not only have I done this for myself, but now I'm doing it for others which means I'm learning the ropes as I go, too. The things I have learned by trial and error might help those who are thinking about putting one together for their upcoming releases. But, don't overlook past releases. Marilyn's book actually was published a few years ago, but this was her way to get some pre-buzz before her next book which deals with the same subject comes out in December.

If anyone has any questions to start us off, leave them in the comment box and I'll address them in near-future blog posts.

Now, the second thing that has kept me busy this past week...I have a paranormal coming out in paperback any day now! The Search for the Million $$$ Ghost, written by Heide Kaminski, Pam Lawniczak and myself has been in ebook format since September and we just got word that it will be up at Amazon as a paperback any day now. So, I've been a very busy bee the last week taking care of the tours and putting together a marketing plan for the book.

So, tomorrow look for Pump Up Your Book Promotion with Virtual Book Tours Workshop! Hope to see you back! ;o)

Tags: , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Hi Dorothy,
Thanks for the great advice. I've been laboriously applying your tips to my blog, and it's been a great success. I've managed to get more than 300 hits every month for the past 3 months. You can check out the updated version at http://bloglatina.wordpress.com

I would love to do a virtual tour. How can I introduce myself to others in a way that shows that I have expertise and that I'm willing to do a virtual tour?

Happy Easter!