Wednesday, June 20, 2007

SPECIAL GUEST: Vicki M. Taylor, Author of TRUST IN THE WIND

We've got a special guest today! Vicki M. Taylor, author of Trust in the Wind, joins us today at Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion!

Vicki is an award-winning author who writes dramatic fiction with strong, unforgettable women. You can visit her website at http://www.vickimtaylor.com/ or her blog at www.vickimtaylor.com/blogs. You can order her books from any brick and mortar store or find them online at Amazon.com, BN.com, or if you'd like to purchase an electronic copy, you can go to Fictionwise.com.

PUYOBP: Thank you for coming to Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion, Vicki! Can you tell us what your book is about?

Vicki: Thanks for having me. I'm happy to be here. Trust in the Wind is about a fiercely independent, young teenage mother who only wants to make a good life for her son, Joey, and herself. It tells what happens after she meets a county sheriff who makes a lasting impression on her young son and gets under her skin as well, no matter how hard she tries to fight it. The sheriff has issues of his own; invisible demons that haunt him, and a job with a lot of risk. He too fights the attraction he feels for the small family he befriends, but can’t seem to help himself. He’s putty in little Joey’s hands. The drama increases ten-fold, when little Joey is kidnapped.

PUYOBP: Who are you published with and how have your experiences with them been so far?

Vicki: My publisher is Mundania Press, LLC. www.mundania.com I think they're a great publisher. They put out quality books. They're always willing to work with their authors on whatever the author needs for booksignings, promotion, marketing, reviews, etc. They'll do as much as they can to help. Of course, they can't do it all. The author really must take responsibility for their own marketing and promotion.

PUYOBP: Can you tell us ways you have been promoting online?

Vicki: I have a website, a writers' forum, a blog and a Myspace page. I participate in various e-groups for readers and writers. I attend author chats. I use my signature in e-mails, and I visit special interest forums and use my signature there to promote myself and my writing.
Then, of course, there is the Virtual Book Tour I'm in the process of now.

PUYOBP: Can you tell us ways you have been promoting offline?

Vicki: I haven't done much offline promotion lately. I've had booksignings in bookstores and malls. One of my biggest offline promotions is my bookmarks. I hand them out to everyone and I send them to conferences that I don't attend to have them put in the conference goodie bags. I have a business card with the covers of my books on the back, titles and ISBN numbers on the front, along with my website address and contact information.

PUYOBP: What is the most important piece of advice anyone has ever given you about the publishing industry?

Vicki: The best piece of advice I received was "put the butt in the chair and write the book". No one is going to do it for you. You can talk about writing all you want. You can go to conferences, meetings and workshops, but it all boils down to one thing. You have to finish the book. The second best piece of advice? Read.

PUYOBP: What’s next for you? Do you have more books in the works?

Vicki: There's always another piece of work. Whether it's a book, a short story, or a personal essay. I have to be working on something. Sometimes all at the same time. I have a romantic/suspense that is receiving great responses in a couple of contests. It was a finalist in
the 2007 Golden Acorn contest (an RWA chapter contest). The results will be posted mid June. Keep your fingers crossed! I'm working on a women's fiction novel about a 39 year old mother of five who wants to adopt a pregnant 14 year old and the tragic consequences.

PUYOBP: Thank you for stopping by, Vicki, and much success to you!

Vicki: Thanks for hosting me during my Virtual Book Tour. If anyone has any other questions, I'd be happy to answer.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Kim Robinson said...

Still going strong Vicki
Keep up the great work

Vicki M. Taylor said...

Thanks, Kim. It's been a great month, getting to visit all these new blogs. I'll wrap up next week. Hope your tour has been going well, too!