Monday, July 9, 2007

SPECIAL GUEST: Elena Dorothy Bowman, Author of GATEKEEPER'S REALM

We have a very special guest with us today at Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion! Elena Dorothy Bowman, author of GATEKEEPER'S REALM is here today to talk about how she pumps up her online book promotion!

Elena is a former aerospace software engineer, an Honors graduate of Fitchburg College earning a BS Degree in Engineering and Management. She also served as an officer in the Massachusetts Chapter of the National League of American PenWomen.

You can visit her website here.


PUYOBP: Thank you for coming to Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion, Elena! Can you tell us what your book is about?

Elena: It is the second book in the Legacy Series…a mystery romance series with a touch of the paranormal. I didn't know when I wrote this it was considered paranormal. I thought it was a romantic, mystery novel. And I really didn't expect that the first novel would lead to
two others and become a series…

This was the day Abigail was waiting for — the arrival of the schooner Abigail with her first guests at the grand opening of her Innon Adam’s Point. It had stood uninhabited for centuries, yet to this day, its beauty and elegance can only be described as ageless and unspoiled. Her husband, Ethan, with his friend, Tony, the town’s sheriff, had picked up the guests at the pier at Caleb Cove and were bringing them to the Inn by sea.

A strange odyssey befell every guest during their stay at the Inn. Each day brought new challenges, new mysteries and newapprehension. And the nights, well, the nights were especially baffling. What transpired during their sleep not only caught them off guard, but shook the very depths of their souls wondering if they would ever see the light of day again. They had climbed into their beds to rest, only to discover upon awakening their sleep was not what they expected. Nor was it something they wanted to talk about — that is, not all of them.

All they knew was their recent strange journeys and experiences, brought them to the conclusion: It is much safer off shore aboard the schooner "Abigail" during a violent storm, than to be on dry land on a sunny day, when "The House" wavers into its unknown and unstable
dimensions.

PUYOBP: Who are you published with and how have your experiences with them been so far?
Elena: My publisher is Write Words, Inc., and their imprints, http://www.ebooksonthe.net/ , http://www.cambridgebooks.us/.

My experience with them has been tremendous. I really enjoy interacting with my publisher. Arline is never too busy to answer all of my questions, or to help in any way that she can. And that goes for Shelley, her daughter-in-law as well.

PUYOBP: Can you tell us ways you have been promoting online?

Elena: I have joined many writers' groups on the net and promote whenever and wherever I can. I try to find as many "free" sites available but also use "pay" sites as well. I have started my own blog, haven't gotten too far with it, but I am trying. I also have a site on myspace, and on Gather, along with joining Ning, Nothing binding, and as many sites I can find that will accept me. My blog and myspace addy's
are:

http://elenabowman-scifimysteryromanceauthor.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/elenabowmanauthor

And, of course, this new venture with PUYOBP…a virtual book tour.

PUYOBP: Can you tell us ways you have been promoting offline?

Elena: I have had several book signings with Barnes and Noble as well as Walden books. Have also participated in Library "Local Author's Day". Try to get my books in small book stores and in gift shops and in other areas. And of course, I carry postcards of my books with me and give
them out to whoever asks, "What do you do?" Also leave postcards with my dentist, chiropractor, doctor, and even at the local shops to anyone I speak to.

PUYOBP: What is the most important piece of advice anyone has ever given you about the publishing industry?

Elena: In the publishing business, things never happen on time. But the one thing an author should do is never give up. Persistence will always win out. It may take a few years…say twenty or thirty but the time goes by anyway.

PUYOBP: What’s next for you? Do you have more books in the works?

Elena: I have a science fiction mystery romance series entitled the Sarah's Landing Series, going through the process. I expect the first print book to be released within a month or so. And there is another science fiction, paranormal romance novel also going through the process. I am presently working on two or three more projects and hope to get them finished by the end of the year if not sooner.

PUYOBP: Thank you for stopping by, Elena, and I wish you much success to you during your virtual book tour!

Elena: Thank you, Dorothy, and thank you for the opportunity for this virtual book tour. I think it is a fantastic idea.

If you would like to see where else Elena will be traveling to during her virtual book tour, click here!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: