We've got another special guest with us today! I'm happy to announce Mr. Jamieson Wolf, author and promoter extraordinaire, and my sidekick at Pump Up Your Book Promotion is here today on his own virtual book tour for his fantasy young adult novel, The Ghost Mirror! Ohhh...spooky! I've read The Ghost Mirror myself and, believe me (would I steer you wrong?), this is one wonderful book. I will be posting the official review soon as I have a little more to go before I finish it; but so far, this book is fantastic. But, I'll let him tell you himself!PUYOBP: Welcome to Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion, Jamieson! Would you like to tell us a little about yourself and your book?
Jamieson: About me? Well, I've been a writer for quite a while. I'm the author of several books, mostly speculative fiction. I have a wonderful husband and a cat, Mave, who thinks she's people.
The Ghost Mirror is about a thirteen year old girl named Mave (yep, figured you'd get that) who finds herself in a dark place after she steps through a mirror and lands in the town of Elements. There, she learns she is the Last Witch and the last hope.
Mr. Lavender, an eater of souls, has been hunting children. It's up to Mave to stop Mr. Lavender before the world as we know it ceases to exist.
PUYOBP: Who is your publisher and how has your experiences with them been so far?
Jamieson: The Ghost Mirror is published by e Treasures Publishing and Vickie Kennedy has been absolutely amazing. She really cares about her authors and wants them to do well. I would reccomend e Treasures Publishing to anyone who wants an excellent publisher.
PUYOBP: I understand your book is in ebook format and will be in print soon. What do you feel is one of the drawbacks of trying to promote ebooks?
Jamieson:Well one of the major drawbacks is that most people, myself included, like to hold a book in their hands. It's more intimate somehow than reading a book on your computer. But there are advantages to eBooks too! They don't weigh anything and are much more portable if you have an electronic reading device.
PUYOBP: What have you done so far to promote your ebook?
Jamieson:Gosh, what haven't I done? The first thing I did was set up a blog for the novel. I am in the process of putting together a Ghost Mirror web site, but blogs are far more searchable on search engines.
I then put together a free ebook (Miss Huckle-Finn's Guide to Catching Ghosts) and made it available for free on the Ghost Mirror blog which you can find at http://www.theghostmirror.blogspot.com/. The free eBook includes a handy guide on catching ghosts that's made to look like an old penny dreadful and includes an excerpt from the novel.
I then created two virtual book trailers that are available for viewing on YouTube and Google Video. I know there are a lot of people out there who are more visual so it's good to appeal to them.
I then printed up my own promotional materials which included business cards with the book cover and blog address on them, postcards, pamphlets and even stickers. I've been handing those out every time I'm out and about and keep a small stock of items with me all the time. You never know when you can talk your own book up.
I've written articles about writing the novel and why I wrote The Ghost Mirror which I had published on The American Chronicle and have even participated in some live author chats. I find that you have to get out there and network with others so online chats are always a good thing to do.
And, last but not least, I'm on this virtual tour, The Haunted Walk! You can even check out the web site I created for it at http://www.thehauntedwalk.homestead.com/. It has all the info you could need and you can even buy a copy of The Ghost Mirror!
Whew! I just realised how much work I've done!
PUYOBP: What would you tell authors who have published ebooks as far as promoting goes?
Jamieson: What would I tell them? That promoting is one of the most important things you can do for your book and that no one else is going to promote it. What does this mean? It means you have to take it in to your own hands and get the word out there. Promotion is essential to your books success. Also, that promoting is a lot of work and is just as hard as writing. But don't despair! It can be fun. Just make sure to remember that you have fun doing it!
PUYOBP: Different subject. Everyone knows by now that you are my assistant at Pump Up Your Book Promotion Virtual Book Tours. Would you like to tell our readers how that experience has been so far (tell the truth, lol!)?
Jamieson:In a word? Fantastic. I love working with authors to help them find news ways to promote their work. Being a writer myself, I have a lot of love for other writers and authors and want nothing more than to help them succeed. Having the chance to work with so many talented people has been a blessing. It's also been a huge learning experience for me as I've had to really buckle down in terms of organization. I tend to be a bit scatter brained. But it's been a challenge I love and I want to keep on doing it!
PUYOBP: What can you tell our readers about the advantages of virtual book tours?
Jamieson: You don't have to leave the house! LOL Seriously, the Internet is hugely underused. Publishers are almost ignoring the power of the Internet to reach thousands and thousands of people when, before the WWW, it would not have been possible. Those who can't afford a physical tour at their own expense can now tour and tell others about their book and in fact reach way more people than it's possible to reach on a physical tour.
PUYOBP: What frustrates you about the business?
Jamieson: I'd have to say the stigma about self-published books or eBooks. Just because a book isn't published by a large publishing house doesn't mean that it isn't good. All writers pour their heat and their soul into their work, no matter who publishes it. It's my hope that virtual promotion and virtual book tours will help change that.
PUYOBP: Okay, I've interrogated you enough, lol. Can you tell us where we can pick up your book, The Ghost Mirror?
Jamieson: You can get it at the publishers site e Treasures Publishing http://www.etreasurespublishing.com/ or at the web site for The Haunted Walk at http://www.thehauntedwalk.homestead.com/.
PUYOBP: Thank you for coming, Jamieson, and good luck on the rest of your virtual book tour!
Jamieson: About me? Well, I've been a writer for quite a while. I'm the author of several books, mostly speculative fiction. I have a wonderful husband and a cat, Mave, who thinks she's people.
The Ghost Mirror is about a thirteen year old girl named Mave (yep, figured you'd get that) who finds herself in a dark place after she steps through a mirror and lands in the town of Elements. There, she learns she is the Last Witch and the last hope.
Mr. Lavender, an eater of souls, has been hunting children. It's up to Mave to stop Mr. Lavender before the world as we know it ceases to exist.
PUYOBP: Who is your publisher and how has your experiences with them been so far?
Jamieson: The Ghost Mirror is published by e Treasures Publishing and Vickie Kennedy has been absolutely amazing. She really cares about her authors and wants them to do well. I would reccomend e Treasures Publishing to anyone who wants an excellent publisher.
PUYOBP: I understand your book is in ebook format and will be in print soon. What do you feel is one of the drawbacks of trying to promote ebooks?
Jamieson:Well one of the major drawbacks is that most people, myself included, like to hold a book in their hands. It's more intimate somehow than reading a book on your computer. But there are advantages to eBooks too! They don't weigh anything and are much more portable if you have an electronic reading device.
PUYOBP: What have you done so far to promote your ebook?
Jamieson:Gosh, what haven't I done? The first thing I did was set up a blog for the novel. I am in the process of putting together a Ghost Mirror web site, but blogs are far more searchable on search engines.
I then put together a free ebook (Miss Huckle-Finn's Guide to Catching Ghosts) and made it available for free on the Ghost Mirror blog which you can find at http://www.theghostmirror.blogspot.com/. The free eBook includes a handy guide on catching ghosts that's made to look like an old penny dreadful and includes an excerpt from the novel.
I then created two virtual book trailers that are available for viewing on YouTube and Google Video. I know there are a lot of people out there who are more visual so it's good to appeal to them.
I then printed up my own promotional materials which included business cards with the book cover and blog address on them, postcards, pamphlets and even stickers. I've been handing those out every time I'm out and about and keep a small stock of items with me all the time. You never know when you can talk your own book up.
I've written articles about writing the novel and why I wrote The Ghost Mirror which I had published on The American Chronicle and have even participated in some live author chats. I find that you have to get out there and network with others so online chats are always a good thing to do.
And, last but not least, I'm on this virtual tour, The Haunted Walk! You can even check out the web site I created for it at http://www.thehauntedwalk.homestead.com/. It has all the info you could need and you can even buy a copy of The Ghost Mirror!
Whew! I just realised how much work I've done!
PUYOBP: What would you tell authors who have published ebooks as far as promoting goes?
Jamieson: What would I tell them? That promoting is one of the most important things you can do for your book and that no one else is going to promote it. What does this mean? It means you have to take it in to your own hands and get the word out there. Promotion is essential to your books success. Also, that promoting is a lot of work and is just as hard as writing. But don't despair! It can be fun. Just make sure to remember that you have fun doing it!
PUYOBP: Different subject. Everyone knows by now that you are my assistant at Pump Up Your Book Promotion Virtual Book Tours. Would you like to tell our readers how that experience has been so far (tell the truth, lol!)?
Jamieson:In a word? Fantastic. I love working with authors to help them find news ways to promote their work. Being a writer myself, I have a lot of love for other writers and authors and want nothing more than to help them succeed. Having the chance to work with so many talented people has been a blessing. It's also been a huge learning experience for me as I've had to really buckle down in terms of organization. I tend to be a bit scatter brained. But it's been a challenge I love and I want to keep on doing it!
PUYOBP: What can you tell our readers about the advantages of virtual book tours?
Jamieson: You don't have to leave the house! LOL Seriously, the Internet is hugely underused. Publishers are almost ignoring the power of the Internet to reach thousands and thousands of people when, before the WWW, it would not have been possible. Those who can't afford a physical tour at their own expense can now tour and tell others about their book and in fact reach way more people than it's possible to reach on a physical tour.
PUYOBP: What frustrates you about the business?
Jamieson: I'd have to say the stigma about self-published books or eBooks. Just because a book isn't published by a large publishing house doesn't mean that it isn't good. All writers pour their heat and their soul into their work, no matter who publishes it. It's my hope that virtual promotion and virtual book tours will help change that.
PUYOBP: Okay, I've interrogated you enough, lol. Can you tell us where we can pick up your book, The Ghost Mirror?
Jamieson: You can get it at the publishers site e Treasures Publishing http://www.etreasurespublishing.com/ or at the web site for The Haunted Walk at http://www.thehauntedwalk.homestead.com/.
PUYOBP: Thank you for coming, Jamieson, and good luck on the rest of your virtual book tour!
Jamieson: Thank you Dorothy! I'm going to need all the luck I can get!
Now, isn't he the sweetest thing? I tell him he's my rock as I'd never get all that must be done by myself. Now, as an added treat, here's the book trailer he made himself for The Ghost Mirror. BTW, if you need a book trailer, I'm serious, this guy is cheap...reaaaal cheap. Email him at jamiesonwolf(at)gmail.com and ask him what he can do for you! And, now....buckle up...here's the trailer to The Ghost Mirror! Thank you, Jamieson, and see you at work! *grin*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o3ZQjN0rXc&eurl=
Tags: How to Pump UP Your Book Promotion, online book promotion, author publicity, book promotion, book promotion tips, virtual book tour, author interviews, guest blogger, Jamieson Wolf, The Ghost Mirror, fantasy young adult
No comments:
Post a Comment