Thursday, July 5, 2007

SPECIAL GUEST: Susan Gregg, Author of THE COMPLETE IDIOT'S GUIDE TO SHORT MEDITATIONS

This must be author week here at Pump Up because we have another author I'm dying for you all to meet. She's also one of my authors at Pump Up Your Book Promotion and I say MY authors because I just feel so close to them and Susan Gregg is no exception.
Wonderful, wonderful lady.

Susan is author of the non-fiction spirituality book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Short Meditations (Alpha, April 2007), and has for the last two decades taught thousands of people how to live in true happiness. How can you not like someone like that?

She now lives on the Big Island of Hawaii where she teaches tele-classes, offers local retreats, travels around the world teaching workshops, runs an online discussion group called Toltecmastery and regularly produces her very popular podcast, Food for the Soul.

You can visit her website at http://www.susangregg.com/ or her blog at http://www.shortmeditations.blogspot.com/.

I am very pleased and honored to interview Ms. Gregg and I'd love for you all to see her new trailer that the talented Jamieson Wolf made for her just yesterday! You can see the trailer right after the interview. And, now, I give you, the talented and gifted Ms. Susan Gregg!

PUYOBP: Thank you for coming to Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion, Susan! Can you tell us what your book is about?
Susan: My book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Short Meditations, is all about short meditations, learning how to be happy no matter what's going on in your life, feeling great and looking fine and just generally improving the quality of your life. It's about learning how to use your mind in a constructive manner. Today you'll think 95% of the same thoughts you thought yesterday and if you were stressed and angry yesterday you'll be stressed and angry today. So if you change how you think you can change your life. This book will show you how to do that.

Our minds are very much like puppies if you train them they can become wonderful companions and if you don't train them they can be incredible tyrants. So this book will show you how to train your mind to create what you want when you want and it will show you how to be happy no matter what's going on in your life.

Most of the meditations in this book only take a few minutes and I've had people tell me how easy they were. So even if you've been trying to meditate for years this book will show you how in a very short time.
PUYOBP: Who are you published with and how have your experiences with them been so far?
Susan: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Short Meditations was published by Alpha which is a member of the Penguin Group. This is the second book I've had published by them and other than the title complete idiot's guide my experience has been wonderful. They have a huge distribution system, my editor was absolutely wonderful and they give me lots of words. I found other publishers often limit the content but they don't.
PUYOBP: Can you tell us ways you have been promoting online?
Susan: I've been using my webpages http://www.susangregg.com/ and http://shortmeditations.com/ to promote them. I did an online promotion with Amazon and I have promoted The Complete Idiot's Guide to Short Meditations though my e-groups, with my podcast, Food for the Soul, and my mailing lists. I've also mentioned it on my blog and on some online radio interviews I've done.

On my webpage short meditations.com I have a number of guided audio meditations that people can listen to that are really wonderful. I also have several visual meditations that people find most useful.

I would also like to do more online chats and connect with other people that are interested in meditation.

PUYOBP: Can you tell us ways you have been promoting offline?
Susan: I've been doing radio interviews and in the coming months I will be doing some talks locally.
PUYOBP: What is the most important piece of advice anyone has ever given you about the publishing industry?
Susan: I think the most important piece of advice was to be persistent and to speak from the heart. I am passionate about what I write and I write what I'm passionate about. That love and passion comes through to the reader.
PUYOBP: What’s next for you? Do you have more books in the works?
Susan: I'm currently working on my next book but I'm not sure what the title will be yet. I talked to my agent the other day and she wasn't wild about the title so I've been trying to come up with a new one. I'm also working on my podcasts.

I have gotten wonderful feedback on my podcast called Food for the Soul. I've heard from people all over the world. In each podcast I do guided meditation and talk about a variety of topics. I love doing them.
If any of your readers want to improve the quality of their lives might want to tune in.
PUYOBP: Thank you for stopping by, Susan, and I wish you much success to you during your virtual book tour!
Susan: Thanks for having me and for helping me promote my book. You two are great. I just love the Internet. There are so many great people and so many opportunities to reach out and help people. Thanks again.
Wasn't she wonderful? Now...are you dying to see the trailer? Here you go!


1 comment:

susan gregg said...

Thanks so much for creating this virtual tour for me - what fun to sit, have my morning cup of coffee and check in on my stops.

Aloha from paradise,
Susan