I am so excited to announce Lindy S. Hudis, author of Weekends (LBF Books, January 28, 2006) , and one of the authors I represent at Pump Up Your Book Promotion Virtual Book Tours for the month of July! Woo-hoo!Lindy has been such a pleasure to get to know. We've been working together on her tour all month long and it's like I've known her all my life! She's a Californian and everyone must know by now that I was a Californian, too, right! Oh, heck, I'm still a Californian at heart! But, not only that, Lindy has lived such an interesting life as an actress and a screenwriter, too. So, without further ado, let's learn more about Lindy and her book, Weekends, and see how she pumps up her online book promotion!

PUYOBP: Thank you for coming to Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion, Lindy! Can you tell us what your book is about?
Lindy: Hello, glad to be here. Well, my book, WEEKENDS, is about an innocent-sounding family reunion at an exclusive California beach resort turns into a weekend of murder, deceit, exposed secrets and unexpected intimate encounters.
PUYOBP: Wow, murder, deceit, exposed secrets and unexpected intimate encounters. Sounds like not so innocent! Who are you published with and how have your experiences with them been so far?
Lindy: WEEKENDS is published with LBF Books, and I am very happy with them so far. My book went through a very thorough editing process, and they are also nice people to work with.
PUYOBP: Can you tell us ways you have been promoting online?
Lindy: I have a MySpace page, and you are welcome to visit me there. It seems to be working at getting my name out there. Here is the link:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=29495959
PUYOBP: Can you tell us ways you have been promoting offline?
Lindy:Word of mouth, as much as I can. I have done a few book signings, but I have a new baby, so it can get a little hard.
PUYOBP: Congratulations on the new addition to the Hudis family, Lindy! I can't imagine how you can do all you do with a new baby!
In your own opinion, what has been the hardest part about being a published author?
Lindy: The promotion is difficult. There is so much competition out there, and people don't read as much as they used to. Once you are published, you can't just sit back; you have to work at promoting yourself as much as you can.
PUYOBP: In your own respective, how do you define success?
Lindy: Being able to earn a living at what you love to do. That is success to me. Having a paycheck like Jackie Collins would be nice, but I just want to be able to make a living and live comfortable in Southern California, with is nothing to sneeze at, believe me.
PUYOBP: What's next for you, Lindy? Do you have more books in the works?
Lindy:Oh yes, I have my crime/mystery CRASHERS, soon to be released by Lachesis Publishing, and my novel, CITY OF TOYS, based on my years in Hollywood as an "actress wanna-be". Both are pretty edgy. I am a pretty edgy girl, heehee.
PUYOBP: Thank you for stopping by, Lindy, and much success to you during your virtual book tour!
Lindy: Thank you for having me!
Lindy: The promotion is difficult. There is so much competition out there, and people don't read as much as they used to. Once you are published, you can't just sit back; you have to work at promoting yourself as much as you can.
PUYOBP: In your own respective, how do you define success?
Lindy: Being able to earn a living at what you love to do. That is success to me. Having a paycheck like Jackie Collins would be nice, but I just want to be able to make a living and live comfortable in Southern California, with is nothing to sneeze at, believe me.
PUYOBP: What's next for you, Lindy? Do you have more books in the works?
Lindy:Oh yes, I have my crime/mystery CRASHERS, soon to be released by Lachesis Publishing, and my novel, CITY OF TOYS, based on my years in Hollywood as an "actress wanna-be". Both are pretty edgy. I am a pretty edgy girl, heehee.
PUYOBP: Thank you for stopping by, Lindy, and much success to you during your virtual book tour!
Lindy: Thank you for having me!
If you'd like to learn more about Lindy and her book, you can visit her tour page here!
Tags: How to Pump UP Your Book Promotion, online book promotion, author publicity, book promotion, book promotion tips, virtual book tour, author interviews, guest blogger
Tags: How to Pump UP Your Book Promotion, online book promotion, author publicity, book promotion, book promotion tips, virtual book tour, author interviews, guest blogger
2 comments:
Lindy will be here all day so if anyone has any questions for her, please leave them in the comment box and she'll answer them for you!
I didn't get to visit while Lindy was at your blog, Dorothy. But I wanted both of you to know I enjoyed Lindy's visit and learning more about her writing. It was interesting to hear her put so much importance on an author being involved in promotion...something most authors are finding out nowadays. And they have to be actively involved.
Post a Comment