We have a special guest with us today. His name is Dwayne G. Anderson and he's the author of the young adult science fiction novel, PARTIALLY HUMAN. You can visit his website here.When Dwayne queried me about signing up with my company to represent him on a virtual book tour, what intrigued me more than anything was that Dwayne was the author of three books and yet he was only twenty-four. In fact, he'll be twenty-five this Sunday so everyone wish Dwayne a Happy Birthday!
I've been working with Dwayne and helping him set up a blog when he had no idea how to set one up or how to promote his book through his blog to aid in his virtual book tour promotions. He's done a wonderful job keeping the blog updated, I must say. If you want to see his blog, visit http://www.partiallyhuman.blogspot.com/.
And it's amazing he has done all this with Asperger's Syndrome. I related to this author immediately as I have a son, 24, with Marfan's Syndrome. Both kids look perfectly fine to look at them; but inside them, things are a little different. Where my son is not led in the right direction as far as what he wants to do with his future with Marfan's, Dwayne took the bull by the horns and became a published author.
I talked to Dwayne about online promotions and what it was like having Infinity as the publisher, as well as other things. I hope you enjoy the interview and if you leave a comment below, you will become eligible to win a copy of his book at the end of the month, which is coming up fast. Also, don't forget to wish him a Happy Birthday!
Thank you for coming to Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion, Dwayne! Can you tell us what your book is about?
Partially Human is a general fiction story that tells a story about the power of true friendship and love, while dealing with issues that are very real to youths, teens, and young adults such as ignorance, prejudice, acceptance, tolerance, being different, and equality. Each of the major characters faces their own issue and deals with it in their own way.
Who are you published with and how have your experiences with them been so far?
Infinity Publishing was my publisher this time around. My experience with them was satisfactory as they offered outstanding service, book returns to stores in case I wish to get them to stock the book, quality printing product, fast publishing time, and they allow me to keep all my rights. I am so satisfied with their service, I've decided to use them as my publisher from now on.
Can you tell us ways you have been promoting online?
Not only have I created my own website which I'll update as I publish more of my works, but I've been advertising on other sites and in newsletters, got the book listed on several web pages, joined a book club, posted on forums, and now I'm using Pump Up Your Book Publicity which I know will help boost my campaign!
Can you tell us ways you have been promoting offline?
I've purchased copies of my book from the publisher and sold them in dad's store, sent out a few copies for review, gotten interviewed by my local paper, and telling people about it, and they're really happy and excited for me.
In your own opinion, what has been the hardest part about being a published author?
Breaking into the publishing world through a traditional publisher is very hard, they're only willing to accept you if you're Steven King, R.L. Stien, J.K. Rowling, or other bestselling authors. Finding the right publisher is hard but getting the word out is even trickier unless you've got a plan of your own and you use the right strategy.
In your own respective, how do you define success?
Success in my opinion is if at least one person's life is affected by my book in a positive way. Sharing stories and messages is what I hope to do through my works.
What’s next for you? Do you have more books in the works?
Currently, I have another book ready for publication that I hope to have published by the end of the year. I'm also currently proofreading another book I've written which is the sequel to my first written work. I also have planned a sequel to my second book. Both these sequels will be superior to their predecessors in every aspect. I've also planned another general fiction story, two romances, and a medieval fantasy which I believe will be my finest work.
Thank you for stopping by, Dwayne, and much success to you during the last leg of your virtual book tour!
And thank you for helping me take the biggest step in raising the publicity for my book! I look forward to doing my part and enjoying the fruits of my labor! I'll do my best!
Thank you for coming, Dwayne! If you would like a chance to win a copy of PARTIALLY HUMAN, leave a comment below. All winners will be announced at http://www.virtualbooktoursforauthors.blogspot.com/ on Sept. 30. Good luck!
Tags: author interviews, online book promotion, free book publicity, author interview, public relations, virtual book tour, Dwayne G. Anderson
6 comments:
Thanks for sharing this great information. You're a great inspiration Dwayne!! Best wishes and much success to you!
Brenda
www.brendablackburn.com
Dorothy, I'm already 24. I'll be 25 this Sunday.
Sorry...changed it!
Kudos to you Dwayne! Your story is so inspiring and you've got some great tips for any of us out there trying to write and promote our books! Congrats!!
Thanks for the wonderful interview. If it wasn't for David Dent's Alex Webster and The Gods, which I absolutely love, I wouldn't have gotten interested in other sci-fi books. I absolutely love them and am looking forward to this one.
Dwayne, your story is so inspiring! Especially so to me, as my 9-year old nephew has Autism.
I have been getting into the scientific thrillers of Paul Mark Tag recently, and love sci-fi, too, so I'm looking forward to reading Partially Human.
All the best for your upcoming books!
Post a Comment